RE: SCHOOL SUPPLIES
Saseenos Elementary is excited to offer you the opportunity to purchase your school supplies through School Start for the 2018/2019 school year. This process will save you both time and money.
There are a few simple steps to ensure your child will receive standardized brand name products (specified by each teacher).
Your school is eligible to receive $5/kick back!
This order form has a Starter Package (consumable items) as well as a list of other Required Items. The Required Items are mandatory by each teacher; they include items such as pencil cases, sharpeners, and calculators. These products do not need to be purchased on a year to year basis if you already have them.
There are two ways to place your order:
You can place your order online at www.schoolstart.ca. Visa & MasterCard are accepted.
Place your order online in May or June and you will automatically entered for a chance to win a $1000 cash draw!
When using e-commerce sites, please ensure your browser is Internet Explorer 10.0 or later, Firefox or Chrome
You can also fill out the supplied order form, and return to your school with payment. Please make cheques payable to School Start.
Order Form Deadline: June 22nd, 2018
Late orders will be accepted online until October 1, 2018 (a $5 late fee will be applied after August 1, 2018).
The supplies will be packaged and delivered directly to your house. If you have a P.O. box please use your 911 address. Because the kit (s) are delivered to your home, you will have the ability to:
- You can pre-label your child’s supplies
- You can add supplies to your order for your child in another school
If you have any questions, please contact School Start:
Hot Lunch Program
Our ordering system is going GREEN! Instead of filling out a paper order form,
parents can place their hot lunch orders online using MunchaLunch.com!
You can pay for your orders online by credit card (Visa/Mastercard) OR cheque/cash.
Please visit the Parent-PAC Tab for more information.
For Student Registration please visit:
If you are already registered and wish to apply for a School Change Request please visit:
- BOTTLE DRIVE: Saseenos PAC is having a BOTTLE DRIVE on SATURDAY, JAN. 27 between 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in the school parking lot. All money collected through the bottle drive will go towards the fundraising efforts by our PAC and towards student activities.
Here’s what’s happening next week:
- Monday, Jan. 29th – Kindergarten and new student registration starts at 8:00 a.m. All registrations will take place online. If you have any questions and concerns please call the office and we will help you out.
- NATURE KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION – all registrations will take place online and successful placements will be based on TIMESTAMP of the application.
- Tuesday, Jan. 30th – Grade 2 Red Cross swimming lessons begin. If your child is in grade 2, please ensure that permission forms have been sent back to your child’s teacher. Please send your child with swimming gear, towel and an extra snack on Tuesday. Students will leave the school by 12:45 and be back by 2:30 p.m.
Memo: To Saseenos families
From: Mrs. McArthur
- Thank you for your generous donations for the Sooke Food Bank. We will continue to accept donations right up till the last day of school before Winter Break (Dec. 22)
- Art cards will be here next week; Kerry will let you know when they arrive
- Scholastic Book Fair will be here for Dec.14, 15, 18 & 19; please let Kerry know if you’re able to help; book fair will be open to parents first thing in the morning and to students at lunch time and after school; if you need any gift items put aside, please see Kerry! We take cash, cheques (made to SD #62) and credit cards
- Library will be closed for book exchange during these days
- I will be making pancake breakfast for every division starting next week …
Here’s what’s happening next week:
- Monday, Dec. 11 – Pancake breakfast for Mrs. Talman’s & Mrs. Haddad’s classes
- PAC Garden Committee meeting at noon; all interested parents are welcome to attend
- Tuesday, Dec. 12 – Divisions 3, 4 & 5 off to BC Forest Discovery Centre at Duncan
- Pancake breakfast in Ms. Wood’s & Ms. Van der Hoeven’s classes
- Wednesday, Dec. 13 – Pancake breakfast in Mrs. George’s class
- Thursday, Dec. 14 – Pancake breakfast in Ms. Ferguson’s class
- Friday, Dec. 15 – Pancake breakfast in Ms. Bell’s class
- Term 1 report cards will be sent home
- PAC Pizza lunch
Have a great weekend!
Kindergarten and new student registration will be taking place between
January 29th – February 2nd.
Nature Kindergarten – 2018-2019
Held at Sangster and Saseenos Elementary Schools, the Nature Kindergarten program in SD62 was one of the first of its kind in Canada when it was first piloted in September 2012. Its popularity and success have turned the program into a yearly option for parents.
Students spend a half-day outside every morning, rain or shine, in natural settings. Children then return to school for their lunch and remain in the school during the rest of the afternoon for indoor learning.
Parents must attend one of the information sessions listed prior to registering their child into Nature Kindergarten:
Saseenos Parent Information Sessions:
- Thursday, January 18th, 6:30 P.M. at Saseenos Elementary School
- Saturday, January 20th, 10:00 A.M. at Saseenos Elementary School
Parents must attend one of these two information sessions in order to register their child for the Nature Kindergarten program at Saseenos.
Sangster Parent Information Sessions:
- Thursday, January 25th, 6:30 P.M. at Sangster Elementary School
- Saturday, January 27th, 10:00 A.M. at Sangster Elementary School
Parents must attend one of these two information sessions in order to register their child for the Nature Kindergarten program at Sangster.
Registration for Nature Kindergarten opens on Monday, January 29th beginning at 8 a.m.
Parents can register online or in-person at their neighbourhood school. If registering online, please select Nature Kindergarten as your preference. Parents who wish to register in person must do so at their catchment school and submit a request for Nature Kindergarten.
As this program typically fills up within the first day of registration, parents are encouraged to register for Nature Kindergarten as close as possible to the opening time of registration.
Thanks to our fabulous PAC for organizing the Halloween Dance last night. Thank you to all the parents who volunteered their time and helped make the event a success – Hy’ch ka!
- Tennis: Earlier this week I sent home a tennis information form with students in grades 1-5. Please send the completed form back to school ASAP. This information is vital for the continuation of the tennis program at our school. We’re grateful to KATS for sponsoring tennis for the third year in a row. I’m attaching the form with this memo just in case you missed the paper copy. You could send it back to me as an attachment if you wish.
- Please watch out for information on our Remembrance Day Assembly next week; the assembly will take place on Friday, November 10 at 1:00 p.m. to accommodate 3 divisions who are off on a field trip to the Salmon Interpretive Centre in the morning
Here’s what’s happening next week:
Tuesday, October 31 – Costume parade & sock hop at 2:00 p.m.
- Students are welcome to wear costumes for the day. Please remember no weapons, masks or overly gory costumes – thanks for your help!
Wednesday, November 1 – swimming for Divisions 1 & 2 in the afternoon
- Reading Strategies for Parents! If you have a child in Kindergarten, grade 1 or 2 and are keen on learning some new strategies to help your child with reading & math, these workshops are for you!! Mrs. MacDonald, Ms. Walling and I will be offering 45 minute workshops on the basics of helping your child with reading and math. Our first session is on reading on Wednesday, November 1st in the library starting at 2:00 p.m. We hope to see many of you!!
Friday, November 3 – Tennis
Wed. November 8 – Photo retakes
Mon. November 13 – Remembrance Day
Please find the Saseenos Elementary School on-line parent teacher interview booking system at saseenos.schoolappointments.com. You will be able to create an account, enter your children and then schedule interview times for you to meet with their teachers for the upcoming Parent Teacher interviews taking place Thursday, October 19th.
Appointment scheduling will start on October 5th at 6:00 am and close on October 18th at 11:00 pm. You will find the system very easy to use and it will take only a few minutes to set up your account, your children and your appointments. For more instructions please click on the instructions below:
Please note: If you are unable to meet with your child’s teacher on Thursday, October 19th please feel free to contact them to arrange for an alternate time.
And please contact our office if you have any questions!
Saseenos PAC Fall Fair/ Meet the Teacher Night
Thursday, Sept. 28th, 2017
This year we are combining ‘Meet the Teacher Night’ with our PAC Fall Fair.
The PAC Fall Fair will take place between 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Saseenos staff will be here to meet and greet with families between 6:00pm – 7:00pm
This is a great opportunity to meet your child’s teacher and visit his or her classroom.
WELCOME BACK PAC……WHATS HAPPENING!!!!
The first fundraiser of the year will be Save-Around-Coupon books.
1 book per family will be going home
This great book is filled with hundreds of 50% off and 2-for-1 discounts on the things you do everyday.
The cost of these books are $25.00.
Sell 5 books and receive the 6th book FREE!
Join us on September 28th between 5:30-7:30pm
For the Saseenos Fall Fair.
Admission is $5 per child
Concession available for purchase.
More information to follow.